The Race Series is designed to promote healthy competition between club members but also collectively against the rest of Wiltshire.
Why are we doing the race series?
• To encourage members to attend local races and compete in the WRRL.
• To encourage competition within the club.
• During the lead up to a race series event, we can focus our interval training sessions on that event. Sessions are easier to coach if you have a goal.
How does the scoring work?
The first DRC runner will get 1 point, the 2nd will get 2 points and so on until all runners are accounted for.
Non-runners will get two points more than the number of points of the last runner of the highest attended race. For example, if the highest attended race attracted 20 members, then 22 points would be added to each non-runner, of every race.
The winner will be the runner with the least points at the end of all the race series events.
If there is a tie for the winners, then the last race will be taken into consideration until a winner is established.
2019 race series
The following races are included in the 2018 race series:
1. Good Friday 10 Miler – 19th April (Cadence Events)
2. Heddington 5k – 14th May, 11th June and 9th July (best time to count)
3. Shrewton Bustard 10k – 19th May
4. Colerne ‘Under the Posts’ 5 miler – 21st July (Cadence Events)
5. Chippenham Half Marathon – 8th September
6. Calne Clock Challenge – 27th October
• All races are in the Wiltshire Road Race League.
• All DRC members will also receive a 30% discount against Cadence Events. For the discount code, please refer to the running events sheet on the Facebook Social page or contact Simon Veitch.
The results will be collated throughout the year and awards will be presented to the top three highest scoring men and women at the Presentation Evening in January 2019.
Previous race series
To view the previous race series results, please click here.